Working at the University-Industry Interface: Effective Strategies for Active Researchers
February 21 @ 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
Get a unique look at how to create better research partnerships between corporations and universities.
The UIDP (uidp.org) is pleased to announce a new webinar series developed jointly and offered with Academic Impressions (AI).
A shifting landscape of federal research funding and declining corporate research and development budgets make university and industry partnerships highly attractive for both sides; however, opposing values and interests can make such partnerships especially tricky to manage.
Join us for a series of webinars that will guide you through the nuances and complexities of these research partnerships. Over seven sessions, we’ll carefully cover the most critical considerations for creating win-win relationships:
- Navigating the benefits and challenges
- Managing expectations and creating relationships
- Establishing contacts and handling proprietary information
- Preparing proposals and budgets
- Addressing compliance and contracting issues
- Negotiating intellectual property (IP)
- Leveraging government involvement
You can’t effectively learn about successful partnerships unless you can hear from both sides. This is a unique opportunity to gain access to insights and best practices from leading experts at research universities and leading global corporations. They’ll leverage the unique perspective of University-Industry Demonstration Partnership’s (UIDP) research and best practices, as well as their own personal experience.Agenda
Who Should Attend
- Faculty researchers
- Research Center directors
- Administration from the office of research or Provost’s office
- Professionals working with sponsored projects
- CFR professionals
- Tech transfer officers
- Any additional stakeholders who cultivate, negotiate, or manage industry partnerships