U-I Outside Major Metros Workshop: University of Arkansas
May 21, 2019 - May 23, 2019
University-Industry Engagement outside Major Metropolitan Areas and Megacities: Identifying Issues and Finding Solutions
On May 21st – 23rd, the University of Arkansas, in collaboration with UIDP, is hosting a three-day forum in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Universities and companies outside major metropolitan areas are invited to attend.
The workshop will leverage diverse experts and recruit attendees from metropolitan and non-metropolitan areas across the United States. Discussions will include practical approaches that can be used by academic, corporate, government, and nonprofit groups in a community.
Attendees will assess existing national models, brainstorm new programs and ideas, and develop steps that can be taken to improve academic-corporate engagement in non-metropolitan regions. Objectives are to advance university missions (teaching, research, service, and economic development), company goals, and local and state economies.
Topics for discussion include:
- existing national programs that universities and companies use for research collaboration that can lead to economic development at every level
- successful (and not so successful) strategies for university-industry engagement
- strengthening graduate and undergraduate research
- technology commercialization
- career development and workforce pipelines
- global competitiveness and influence
- the importance of diversity and inclusion in innovation teams
More details and logistics coming soon.
University of Arkansas