- This event has passed.
UIDP24: General Meeting in Baton Rouge, LA
April 25, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - April 27, 2017 @ 2:00 pm
Twice a year, the UIDP partners with its member institutions to host General Meetings. Mark your calendars for UIDP24, our spring meeting this April in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, hosted by Louisiana State University.
Online registration is now closed. You may register for UIDP24 onsite.
Meeting attendees can look forward to the following:
- MIT Startup Exchange – Karl Koster, UIDP Immediate Past Chair and Executive Director of MIT’s Industrial Liaison Program, will provide an overview of this new offering.
- Network with colleagues from the academic & corporate sectors
- Sector Breakouts – Sessions that consider academic-corporate issues specific to Agriculture, Chemicals, Energy, Information Technology, and the Life Sciences.
- Category Tracks – Compliance, Contracting, Strategic Engagement, and Workforce issues
- NSF-Industry Solicitations – Hear from Meghan Houghton who will describe NSF Computer and Information Science & Engineering Directorate recent efforts to offer joint solicitations with private sector firms such as Intel and VMWare.
- Metrics – Further information from Tom Wells from Harris Corporation on how they are utilizing the outputs of the UIDP Metrics Project and employing them within the firm to measure academic engagement impact.
- Short Talks – on the University of Washington’s Alexia Accelerator, Penn State’s Collaboration Portals, and Pepsico’s Open Innovation Program.
- U-I engagement outside of Metropolitan areas – A critical mass of UIDP universities are outside major metropolitan areas and we will consider issues specific to partnering in these regions.
- Optional tours (now sold out) including the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO), one of only 5 in the world to learn how and why scientists listen for gravitational waves.
The Innovation Centers Workshop is now sold out.
UIDP24 General Meeting, April 25-27
Member – $475
Non-Member – $2,500
Meeting Location: Hilton Baton Rouge Capital Center 201 Lafayette Street Baton Rouge, LA 70801
Hotel: Hilton Baton Rouge Capital Center 201 Lafayette Street Baton Rouge, LA 70801
Additional hotel and logistics information can be found in the Logistics Memo.
The UIDP Academy: Innovation Centers Workshop takes place immediately prior to UIDP24.
Special Thanks to These Generous Sponsors
UIDP 2017 Annual Membership Meeting Notice
As outlined in Article II, Section I of the UIDP Bylaws, you are receiving notice of the
Annual UIDP Membership Meeting at UIDP24 hosted by Louisiana State University
(LSU) in Baton Rouge. The meeting will take place on Tuesday, April 25th at 3:30 PM CT in the LSU Stadium Club. We hope to see many of our member organizations represented. Registration is open now by clicking the “register here” button near the top of this page. Remote participation will not be available. A copy of the meeting minutes will be available upon request.